The dictionary defines success as: the attainment of wealth, position, honors or the like.
I’ve found myself consumed with thoughts of success lately. What does success mean to me? For most of my life, even though I probably wouldn’t have admitted it, I think I defined success the way the dictionary does. But what if I looked at success through God’s eyes? What if I thought success was giving my life, all of it, to Him each day? What if I measured my success by how few fights I had with my husband? By how peaceful my home is? What if I defined my success as how I let Christ shine through me and touch the lives of others? If I prayed for people more, spent more time in the Word, hugged my husband more, called a long lost friend, said hi to the crazy drunk lady on the street, would I start to feel successful? What if I just sat and spent time with God? I pray that I will start to view success through God’s eyes and not man’s. That I will realize that He is in control of my whole life and though my idea of success may be the big house, nice car, close family, good career, His idea of success for me is knowing Him more deeply and drawing others to Him through my actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment