Saturday, February 26, 2011

What a week!

Man!  What an awesome week it has been.  Family lunch with a Just Dance party, Bon Jovi concert with some awesome friends, two tests for school that I did well on and two fantastic small groups. 

The funny/sad thing is that I can sit here and recall how blessed I am and what a great 7 days it has been but still feel like there is something missing.  In one of the Bible studies I'm doing right now the question was asked, "What changes could you make in your daily activates and typical priorities in order to cultivate a heart that continues to be stunned by His willingness to stoop to our level"?  I was really hit with that question.  I left work because I knew it was time to go.  One of my goals in doing so was to draw closer to Him.  It has been 7 months since I left and what do I have to show for it?  I'm still busy, I have two part-time jobs to go to, school, family and friends but have I really grown closer to Him or are my priorities still out of whack?  What would it take for me to grow closer?  Less media, less friends, out of the city?  All of that could help but I think the thing that needs to really change is my heart.  If my heart isn't in it, it won't matter if I turn off the TV, don't check Facebook and move to a house with a few acres.  I'll still be the same person I am today and just as far from Him as ever.  My prayer is that my heart will soften and I'll grow closer to Him and not let the good things in life overpower my relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment