Just had a nice “date night” with my little brother. It was so good to catch up with him! I’ve been thinking a lot about family lately and our time together really helped get my perspective back. God created family but family isn’t just blood or in-laws. Family is made up of those people that love you for who you are and are there for you no matter what. Those people in your life that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt are in your corner and will laugh with you, cry with you and call you out on what isn’t right. Growing up family didn’t seem to be that big of a priority. I don’t think that many people get how lonely it can be growing up a pastor’s kid. I wanted nothing more than a big close family growing up and did whatever I could to make that happen when I became an adult. I made HUGE mistakes and trusted people that I shouldn’t have. I put time and energy into relationships where the outcome was those people using me. It has been a bumpy road to find that big close family but it has brought people into my life that I wouldn’t give up for anything and it has also opened my eyes to see what relationships need to be rekindled and what relationships need to be ended. I’m not perfect, never claimed to be, but being around the “family” that I have now makes me feel just about as close to perfect as one can get!
No comments:
Post a Comment