I remember vividly where I was the day the twin towers fell. I was in the basement of my then boyfriend’s parent’s house working. I clicked out of my email and MSNs homepage popped up with a picture of both towers smoking. I just knew it was an ad for a movie they were making but then I began to read the headline and knew it was true. I turned the TV on and was glued to it most of the day. My boyfriend didn’t have to go to classes because Baltimore was shut down. I remember a longing deep within me of wanting to be home, an anger toward those that did this and a renewed spirit to be a better person.
Many things have changed for me in the 10 years since I was sitting in that basement. I’m no longer in MD, I’m married, I’ve had a successful career and am going back to college. I pray that during these next 10 years I will really figure out who God wants me to be and do great things and never, ever forget what others have sacrificed so I can live.
No comments:
Post a Comment